Beauty VTCT Diploma in Massage Therapy QCF
Duration: 2 Years
Contact: Mrs Dowdell
3 GCSEs grades at 9 to 4 or equivalent, including English Language
This is an exciting holistic course running over two years in which you will be studying the following units:
- Health & Safety – Understanding the importance of this within the industry.
- Personal Health & Wellbeing – Including nutrition and fitness.
- Anatomy & Physiology – The understanding of all the systems of the body and how they work.
- Body Massage – Practical and theory.
- Exploring Alternative and Complementary Therapies – Independent research and project work.
- Aromatherapy – Practical and theory.
- Indian Head massage – Practical and theory.
- Hot Stone Massage – Practical and theory
The course programme includes theory lessons, practical workshops and project work. All students need to complete practical assessments as well as multiple choice written papers to gain the full certificate. All equipment and consumables are provided during the course. Students are expected to buy a Beauty Tunic which must be worn with black trousers and black covered in shoes for every practical lesson.
The qualification can lead to employment within a beauty salon, spa or leisure centre.
Students can choose to develop their career and progress onto other areas such as physiotherapy, osteopathy, sports massage, homeopathy, nutritional advice or hypnotherapy, to name but a few.
In 2018, 93% of students went to their first or second choice university.
A Level Pass Rate
In 2018, Homewood's Year 13 students achieved 100% pass rate in over 42 A-level and Level 3 courses.