Beauty VTCT Diploma in Massage Therapy
Duration: 2 Years
Contact: Mrs Dowdell
Successful attendance and completion of all GCSE level exams and courses.
This is an exciting holistic course running over two years in which you will be studying the following units:
- Health and Safety – Understanding the importance of this within the industry
- Personal Health and Wellbeing – Including nutrition and fitness
- Anatomy and Physiology – The understanding of all the systems of the body and how they work
- Body Massage – Practical and theory
- Exploring Alternative and Complementary Therapies – Independent research and project work
- Aromatherapy – Practical and theory
- Indian Head massage – Practical and theory
- Hot Stone Massage – Practical and theory
The course programme includes theory lessons, practical workshops and project work. All students need to complete practical assessments as well as multiple choice written papers to gain the full certificate. All equipment and consumables are provided during the course. Students are expected to buy a Beauty Tunic which must be worn with black trousers and black closed in shoes for every practical lesson.
Open Evening Documents
The qualification can lead to employment within a beauty salon, spa or leisure centre. Students can choose to develop their career and progress onto other areas such as physiotherapy, osteopathy, sports massage, homeopathy, nutritional advice or hypnotherapy, to name but a few.
In 2019 96% of Homewood Sixth Form students were accepted by their first or second choice university.
Red Hot Progress
In 2019, Homewood’s Sixth Form was graded “Red Hot” for progress across academic and applied subjects by the ALPs organisation.