Duration: 2 Years
Contact: Mrs C Cox
5 GCSE grades at Grade 4 and above including Business Studies if you have studied it before. Successful completion of a Level 2 Business course would be beneficial but not essential.
This BTEC course is available as a:
- Level 3 Certificate – 180 guided learning hours – Equivalent to AS
- Level 3 Extended Certificate – 360 guided learning hours – Equivalent to 1 A Level
- Level 3 Diploma – 720 guided learning hours – equivalent to 2 A Levels
As a single option in Year one, you will complete two units for the Certificate:
- Unit 1 – Exploring Business (Assessed via coursework) 90 guided learning hours
- Unit 2 – Developing a Marketing Campaign
(Assessed via controlled conditions) 90 guided learning hours
As a single option in Year 2, you will complete 2 units for the Certificate:
- Unit 3 – Personal and Business Finance (Assessed via exam)
120 guided learning hours
- Unit 8 – Recruitment and selection (Assessed via coursework)
60 guided learning hours
To achieve higher levels of this qualification series, i.e. Foundation Diploma and above, you complete up to three Controlled Conditions units and more optional coursework units. This course offers a qualification for employment or further learning in business related sectors.
Open Evening Documents
The course covers all aspects of business and with further training you may wish to specialise and study a professional qualification in your chosen area such as Marketing, Retail or Customer Service.
The course provides a work related programme of study so you could go straight into a job as it helps you develop the skills, understanding and knowledge that many employers are looking for.
In 2019 96% of Homewood Sixth Form students were accepted by their first or second choice university.
Red Hot Progress
In 2019, Homewood’s Sixth Form was graded “Red Hot” for progress across academic and applied subjects by the ALPs organisation.