Duration: 2 Years
Contact: Mrs C Cox
5 GCSEs grades at 9 to 4 including English and Maths. Successful completion of a Level 2 Business course would be beneficial but not essential. If Business has been studied before then a C is desired, a conversation is required with the Principal Teacher.
This BTEC course is available as a:
- Level 3 Certificate – 180 guided learning hours – Equivalent to AS.
- Level 3 Extended Certificate – 360 guided learning hours – Equivalent to 1 A Level.
- Level 3 Diploma – 720 guided learning hours – equivalent to 2 A-levels
As a single option in Year 1, you will complete 2 units for the Certificate:
- Unit 1 – Exploring Business (Assessed via coursework) 90 guided learning hours
- Unit 2 – Developing a Marketing Campaign (Assessed via controlled conditions) 90 guided learning hours
As a single option in Year 2, in addition to the above you will complete 2 more units for the Extended Certificate:
- Unit 3 – Personal and Business Finance (Assessed via exam) 120 guided learning hours
- Unit 8 – Recruitment and selection (assessed via coursework) 60 guided learning hours
To achieve higher levels of this qualification series i.e. Foundation Diploma and above you complete up to 3 Controlled Conditions units and more optional coursework units.
This course offers a qualification for employment or further learning in business related sectors.
The course covers all aspects of business and with further training you may wish to specialise and study a professional qualification in your chosen area such as Marketing, Retail or Customer Service.
The course provides a work related programme of study so you could go straight into a job as it helps you develop the skills, understanding and knowledge that many employers are looking for.
In 2018, 93% of students went to their first or second choice university.
A Level Pass Rate
In 2018, Homewood's Year 13 students achieved 100% pass rate in over 42 A-level and Level 3 courses.