On Site Facilities
Homewood has excellent sports, media, performing arts and academic facilities, all of which are located on our Tenterden site:
- Large Sports Hall with Badminton, Basketball, Netball, Cricket, Volleyball and Indoor Football spaces
- 2 football pitches and Athletics track
- Mountain biking course, Orienteering course and Assault course
- All-new Fitness Suite with modern gym equipment
- 2 Modern Dance Studios
- 231 seat Sinden Theatre venue
- Film and music studios
- Mac-based media suites
- Fully-equipped laboratories
- Car parking facilities for Sixth Form students their time at Homewood.
- State of the art 3G football pitch
At Homewood we have an inclusive policy with our extra-curricular clubs in a wide range of sports and other activities.
- Table Tennis
- Performing Arts
- and many more.
All students are welcome regardless of ability or age.
SIXTH FORM ‘POD’
Central to student life at Homewood is the Sixth Form ‘Pod’, a ‘hang out’ area which comprises a café selling a variety of hot and cold food and drinks. Café style seating with bistro tables and chairs creates a relaxed mood, enhanced with comfy sofas, coffee tables and space to mingle.
Sixth Form Study Area
Next door to the “pod” is a large study area with computer availability for use by sixth formers, often working in groups. The study area is often supervised and there is access to independent study work for students to extend themselves. We also have two silent study areas in the building affectionately known as the “X-Box” and students are often to be found working in the school library and in dedicated work spaces in various departments.
The Media Centre, which operates as a commercial outlet for the local community provides Sixth Form students with facilities to print or produce copies of their work to professional standard; in colour, laminated, or enlarged up to A1 size, or transferred onto canvas.