Duration: 2 Years
Contact: Mrs S Anderson
Five GCSEs including English and Maths at grade 4 or higher and a Grade 5 in GCSE Computer Science or a Pass in a vocational ICT subject.
This qualification is designed for learners who are interested in an introduction to the study of creating IT systems to manage and share information, alongside other fields of study, with a view to progressing to a wide range of higher education courses, not necessarily in IT.
Equivalent in size to one A Level. You will study 4 units of which 3 are mandatory and 1 is optional.
- Information Technology Systems – Learners study the role of computer systems and the implications of their use in personal and professional situations.
- Creating Systems to Manage Information – Learners study the design, creation, testing and evaluation of a relational database system to manage information.
- Using Social Media in Business – Learners explore how businesses use social media to promote their products and services. Learners also implement social media activities in a business to meet requirements.
- Data Modelling – Learners study how data modelling can be used to solve problems. They will design and implement a data model to meet client requirements.
- Website Development – Learners investigate website development principles. They will design and develop a website using scripting languages.
Achievement in the qualification requires a demonstration of depth of study in each unit, assured acquisition of a range of practical skills required for employment or progression to HE, and successful development of transferable skills.
In 2018, 93% of students went to their first or second choice university.
A Level Pass Rate
In 2018, Homewood's Year 13 students achieved 100% pass rate in over 42 A-level and Level 3 courses.