Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
Homewood School and Sixth Form Centre has been accredited with International Baccalaureate World School status. At Key Stage 5 we therefore run the IBCP (International Baccalaureate Career Related Programme) and individual IB Diploma Subjects.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Subjects
At Homewood we deliver a number of International Baccalaureate Diploma Subjects that are equivalent to an A-Level. These include:
- Maths Studies
- Business Management
- Film Studies
- IT in the Global Society (ITGS)
- Performance and Literature
- Social Anthropology
The International Baccalaureate
At Homewood we also deliver the International Baccalaureate. This includes:
- 2 IB Diploma Subjects
- A vocational qualification (e.g. BTEC, from the full range offered at Homewood)
- ‘The Core’ The Core is not a separate option choice but is completed within the school’s mentoring time and within individual subject choices.
There are 4 elements to the core:
- Reflective Project (an extended essay on a topic of your choice related to your chosen vocational study)
- Language Development (developing your knowledge of a language and culture)
- Service learning (time dedicated to helping our community with various projects)
- Personal and Professional Skills (developing important lifelong transferable skills desired by employers)
Why choose the International Baccalaureate?
- Develop skills required by Universities and Employers.
- Develop an excellent personal statement / CV.
- Broaden your knowledge of the world, become a global citizen.
- More coursework based assessment than A Levels.
- Research has proved IB students are more likely to achieve a first class honours degree than A Level students.
A career in business or finance
- IB Business and Management
- IB IT in the Global Society
- Financial Studies